Steak with Chimichurri Sauce
Enjoy this delicious recipe by delicious.com.au.
A sumptuous steak served with Chimichurri, a popular sauce for grilled meats in Argentina.
- 1/2 cup (125ml) olive oil, plus extra to brush
- 1/4 cup (60ml) red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 bunch fresh oregano, leaves chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed chillies
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 large rib-eye steaks
- Baked sweet potatoes, to serve
Preheat barbecue or chargrill to high. Place 1 tablespoon sea salt in a jar with 1/2 cup (125ml) warm water and stir to dissolve. Add all remaining ingredients, except steak, and shake well. Brush steaks with a little oil and season. Barbecue until cooked to your liking (1-2 minutes each side for medium rare). Rest, loosely covered with foil, for 5 minutes.2.
Shake sauce again, discarding bay leaf. Place steaks on plates, drizzle with sauce and serve with baked sweet potatoes.
Recipe Source: www.delicious.com.au