- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef or pork
- 4 peppers (orange, green, yellow & red)
- 2 onions
- 1 green pepper
- 1 or 2 handful (s) of spinach
- 3/4 cup frozen corn
- 1 can (796mL) crushed tomato
- 1 can (540 mL of black beans
- 1/2 cup of ketchup
- 1/2 tsp of sweet smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup or molasse
- graded cheese
- salt & pepper
- Preheat the Big Green Egg direct to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- This step can be done on the Big Green Egg or on the stove top.
- In a cast iron can, brown the meat and the onions. Add the green pepper and the frozen corn & let it cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the crushed tomato, ketchup, maple syrup or molasse, smoked paprika, rinsed black beans and the spinach.
- Cook for about 30 minutes or until it's thick enough to fill the peppers.
- Cut in half 4 peppers and fill it with the mixture.
- put all the filled peppers on top of the Eggspander or until the bottom of the peppers starts roasting.
Source: Big Green Egg