Skip to Main Content
Pulled Lamb Nachos
Jan 27, '20
- 1 lamb shoulder, bone in
- 2/3 cup apple juice, hot
- 2 tbsp BBQ spice (your favorite)
- 3/4 lb. corn chips, preferably artisanal
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 10 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tbsp sliced Kalamata olives
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 3 tbsp minced green onions
- ¼ cup chopped fresh coriander, as garnish
- 1/2 cup sour cream, to serve
- 1/2 cup salsa, to serve
- Set the EGG for indirect cooking with the convEGGtor at 250°F/121°C with 2 chunks of your favorite wood.
- Smoke the lamb shoulder for 4-5 hours until internal temperature reaches 195°F. Remove from the EGG, cover with foil and rest for at least 30 minutes. Once cooled, pull the meat.
- Mix together the apple juice and BBQ sauce. Cover the meat with the mixture.
- Set the EGG for indirect cooking with the convEGGtor at 350°F/177°C.
- Place the tortilla chips on a round pan and top with cheese, pulled lamb, tomatoes, olives, and jalapeños. Put the pan back on the EGG and cook for 5 minutes, or until cheese is fully melted.
- Remove from the EGG and top with green onions and coriander. Serve with sour cream and salsa.