An aromatic blend of spices makes this easy chargrilled swordfish taste sensational.
- 1 1/4 cups (280g) pearl barley, rinsed
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tsp dried Italian herbs
- 100ml olive oil
- 4 x 220g swordfish fillets
- 1 1/2 tbs red wine vinegar
- 225g red seedless grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup (80g) roasted almonds, chopped
- 1/3 cup (60g) currants, soaked in warm water for 10 minutes, drained
- 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley, leaves picked
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
Cook barley in a saucepan of boiling salted water for 25-30 minutes until tender. Drain, then set aside to cool.
Meanwhile, combine lemon zest, 1 tsp Italian herbs and 2 tbs oil in a bowl. Season, add the swordfish and turn to coat, then set aside for 15 minutes to marinate.
To make the dressing, whisk vinegar, lemon juice and remaining 1/4 cup (60ml) oil together, season and set aside.
Preheat a barbecue or chargrill pan to high. Cook swordfish for 3 minutes each side or until just cooked. Rest, loosely covered with foil, for 5 minutes.
Combine barley, grapes, almonds, currants, parsley, celery and remaining 1 tsp Italian herbs. Drizzle over dressing and toss to combine.