Sure, you can grill burgers and brats, but grilled salad? Absolutely! Our grilled romaine salad is everything you love about a classic Caesar salad (crisp croutons, lemony zip, a piling of parmesan, and yes, the grilled romaine maintains its crunch!), but with a subtly smoky, barely charred, slightly spicy twist.
Tools to Make Our Grilled Romaine Caesar Salad
- You’re going to need a grill. Gas or charcoal both work great!
- Your trusty food processor will come in handy to help the olive oil fully emulsify with the rest of the Caesar dressing ingredients.
- This salad is p-r-e-t-t-y. Show it off on your favourite serving platter.
How to Make Caesar Dressing
What’s in Caesar dressing? Well, many classic Caesar salad dressing recipes call for raw egg, which we don’t mind but know that a lot of people can’t enjoy for a myriad of reasons. So, we set out to create a Caesar dressing recipe with no egg. It’s a pretty darn good Caesar dressing, if we do say so ourselves. Homemade Caesar dressing is quick, easy and so delicious—here’s how it’s done:
- Gather your Caesar dressing ingredients: light olive oil, anchovy paste, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, fresh lemon juice, and cayenne (our spicy twist!)!
- Blend—with a whisk or immersion blender or food processor—until the dressing is totally emulsified.
- Drizzle on all the things!