The Best Homemade BBQ Sauce
The easiest, BEST Homemade BBQ sauce that’s perfect for marinating, dipping, and grilling. A combination of smokey, tangy, thick and sweet flavors that will have your mouth smiling with every bite.
After long days in the pool during the summer, there’s nothing I love more than firing up the grill for dinner! I’m convinced that grilling is the best way to cook every meal during the summer. I love that there is no mess of dishes afterwards, and you just cant beat that smokey-grill taste.
How to Make Homemade BBQ Sauce:
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsulphured molasses
- 2/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons hickory flavored liquid smoke
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika or regular paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Add all ingredients to a large saucepan and mix together until smooth.
1. Combine ingredients. Add all ingredients to a large saucepan and mix together until smooth.
2. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until mixture comes to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes or up to one hour, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and allow to cool. The sauce will thicken slightly as it cools.
3. Serve. Slather this stuff on just about anything or store in an air tight container or jar in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.
Double it? I love to make this sauce and keep it in the fridge for several weeks. Depending on your family size you could double the recipe to make a bigger batch. It’s delicious for dipping/marinating grilled chicken, spooning on hamburgers or ribs, or dipping as a sauce. It’s my go-to when I don’t have a dinner plan.
Makes about 2.5 cups sauce
To freeze: allow to cool completely and store in a freezer safe bag or container for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
- Spicy BBQ Sauce: Add ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper Taste, and add more if desired.
- Honey BBQ Sauce: Add ¼ cup honey.
- Make it less sweet: Cut the sugar in half.
- For BBQ ranch: add a couple tablespoons to homemade ranch.
Source and Photos: tastebetterfromscratch.com