Use the heat from your grill to open up the flavours of any fruit then combine them with something creamy and savoury like cheese. Fruit, cheese, heat, magic!
|Difficulty 2/5 Prep Time 5 MIN Cook Time: 30 MIN Serves 4|
- 4 pear halves
- 1 tablespoon golden raisins
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- pinch ground allspice
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 oz (50 g) brie, crumbled
- Combine raisins, cloves, allspice, brown sugar and butter. Place each pear half on a double thickness of foil. Dig out the core. Pack cavity with brown sugar mixture. Wrap firmly in foil. Cook over MEDIUM heat, turning on sides occasionally for 30 minutes, or until tender.
- While the pears cook, prepare cheese sauce by melting butter in a small saucepan on the side burner. Stir in flour. Remove from heat and blend in milk. Heat over MEDIUM flame until the sauce thickens to the consistency of thin cream, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. In a small bowl, blend egg yolk with sour cream. Pour into the sauce and stir in one ounce of cheese. Stir just until cheese has melted. Do not overheat. Cover to keep warm.
- Fold back foil to expose pears, place on plates, pour cheese sauce over pears and garnish with remaining crumbled cheese.\