|Prep Time: 10 mins||Fuel Type: Gas|
|Cook Time: 6-8 mins||Serves: 4|
- ¾ cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 rings fresh pineapple, cored, each about ½ inch thick
- 1 teaspoon cracked dried green or black peppercorns
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- In a small saucepan whisk the sauce ingredients until the cornstarch dissolves. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat on the stove and cook until thickened, whisking often, about 1 minute. Keep the sauce warm or reheat when ready to serve.
- Prepare the grill for direct cooking over medium heat (350° to 450°F).
- Season both sides of the pineapple rings with the peppercorns. Brush the cooking grates clean. Grill the pineapple over direct medium heat, with the lid closed, until well marked, 6 to 8 minutes, turning once. Remove from the grill and serve each pineapple ring with a scoop of ice cream and some of the sauce drizzled on top.