|Prep Time: 10 min||Serves: 4 People|
|Cook Time: 15 min||Difficulty: 2/5|
- 750 grams Bacon
- 6-7 shallots
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 125 ml balsamic vinegar
- 125 ml maple syrup
- 200 grams brown sugar
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp smoked paprika powder
- Bbq sauce
- 180 gr. ground beef
1. Roast the bacon in a pan
2. If the bacon is drained of most of its fat, separate bacon and fat
3. In a pan, sauté the shallots with the garlic and deglaze with the vinegar
4. Add maple syrup and brown sugar; simmer for about 10 minutes
5. Add the cooked bacon, cayenne pepper and paprika powder.
6. Mix all after 10 minutes in a blender until the bacon jam has the desired consistency.
7. Mix the beef with salt and pepper, form into a patty and grill 4 minutes from each side
8. Serve the grilled burger with cheese, lettuce and tomato, a dash of BBQ sauce and one tablespoon of bacon jam.