This totally decadent dessert is a wonderful your Valentine.
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup Grand Marnier™
- 2 cups soft butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Melt the chocolate with the water in the top of a double boiler over hot water
- Stir yolks and sugar together in a saucepan over LOW heat until the mixture thickens slightly. Do not boil.
- Remove from heat, pour into a large mixing bowl, and add Grand Marnier™
- Beat the soft butter into the chocolate, and add to the egg yolks
- Whip the cream until soft peaks form and fold into chocolate mixture
- Beat the egg whites until stiff but not dry, gradually adding two tablespoons of sugar
- Fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture
- Pour or spoon into individual dessert glasses, cover with plastic wrap and chill well.
- May be made one day in advance
Recipe Source: broilkingbbq.com