|Prep Time: 15 min||Serves: 4|
|Cook Time: 6-8 min||Difficulty: 2/5|
- 16 large shrimps (21/30 count), peeled and deveined, do not remove tails
- 8 slices bacon, each cut crosswise in half
- 2 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, cut into 16 sticks
- 16 pickled jalapeño pepper rings
- Toothpicks (soaked 30 minutes)
- Butterfly each shrimp by cutting along its curved back from the head to the tail. Leave the tail section intact.
- Prepare the grill for direct cooking over MEDIUM heat (350° to 450°F). Cook the bacon until the fat is slightly rendered, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place one piece of cheese and one jalapeño ring inside each butterflied shrimp. Close the shrimp, then wrap one piece of bacon around each shrimp. Insert a toothpick into the shrimp to pin the bacon strip where it ends.
- Grill over direct medium heat, with the lid closed, until the shrimp are firm to the touch and bacon is crisp, 6 to 8 minutes, turn once.