|Prep Time: 10 mins||Cook Time: 8-10 mins|
|Fuel Type: Gas||Serves: 4|
- 6 ounces (about 1⅓ cups) fresh blackberries
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 medium peaches, firm but ripe, halved and pitted
- Vanilla frozen yogurt (optional)
- Prepare the grill for direct cooking over medium heat (350° to 450°F)
- In a food processor puree the blackberries with the water. Add up to 2 tablespoons of sugar to taste.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat on the stove, melt the butter, then add the remaining 1 tablespoon sugar and stir to dissolve. Remove the saucepan from the heat. Brush the peach halves all over with the butter mixture.
- Brush the cooking grates clean. Grill the peach halves over direct medium heat, with the lid closed, until browned in spots and warm throughout, 8 to 10 minutes, turning every 3 minutes or so. Remove the peaches from the grill and serve warm with the blackberry sauce and frozen yogurt, if desired.