Grilled Caesar Salad
|Prep Time: 20 min||Serves: 4 people|
|Cook Time: 10 min||Difficulty: Easy|
- 1 blocked tofu, pressed and cut into triangles
- Tofu Marinade
- Caesar Dressing
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp. capers, minced
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 14oz can white beans, drained and rinsed
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 hearts romaine lettuce, rinsed, cut in half lengthwise and pat dry
- Vegan bacon of choice (or simulated bacon bits) to garnish
- Nutritional yeast, to garnish
- Hummus, optional, but recommended
- Place cut tofu into the tofu marinade and allow to marinate for 30 mins, set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together dijon mustard, 1 tbsp olive oil, minced garlic, minced capers and lemon juice.
- Add white beans and toss. Taste and season with sea salt and pepper.
- Add half of the chopped parsley, leaving some for garnish, toss to combine and set aside.
- Heat up the BBQ, and bring down to medium heat.
- Using soaked wooden skewers in tofu or tongs, place the marinated tofu onto the BBQ and grill for 5 minutes on each side, until there are nice char marks, brushing with extra marinade as needed.
- Meanwhile, drizzle 1 tbsp of olive oil on the romaine heart that are cut in half, sprinkle with some salt and pepper and place them onto the grill, cut side down.
- Grill the romaine for 2 to 3 minutes or until you have some nice charred grill marks.
- One at a time, place the romaine hearts onto a plate, top with bean mixture, and a few pieces of tofu. Drizzle with Ceasar dressing, and you can adsitionally garnish with bacon bits, nutritional yeast, capers, and chopped parsley. Serve with a side of hummus, if using.