|Prep Time: 15 min||Cook Time: 30 min|
|Difficulty: Medium||Serves: 4-6|
- 4 chicken breasts
- 3 tbsp. herbal seasoning like Heritage Lane Organic Better Than Salt Seasoning
- 12 oz. uncooked spaghetti pasta
- 1 cup pasta cooking water reserved
- ½ onion, diced
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 cans (340 g / 12 oz) tomato paste
- ¼ cup vodka
- 1 cup heavy cream
- red chili flakes to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. butter
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese (the real stuff)
- 1 handful fresh basil, chopped
- In a large pot, bring salted water to boil and add the pasta. Cook until just al dente and immediately drain, reserving 1+ cup of pasta water.
- Preheat your grill to between 375°F and 400°F.
- Season your chicken breasts with the herbal seasoning and then sear the breasts over direct heat until sear marks form. Move the chicken to indirect heat to continue to cook until an instant-read thermometer says 165°F. Use the Napoleon Wireless Digital Thermometer to keep track of your chicken while you cook the rest of the meal.
- Meanwhile, in the Napoleon Stainless Steel Wok over your side burner, heat 3 tbsp. butter. Add the onion and sauté until the onions have become slightly translucent. Add the garlic and cook for a moment or two longer.
- Stir the tomato paste into the onion and garlic, allowing it to caramelize a little. The tomato paste will go from bright red to a deeper brick red. This takes about 5 minutes or so. When you are satisfied with the color, add the vodka, cooking it off until the alcohol has burned off. Whisk in the cream, chili flakes, salt, and pepper to taste. Turning the heat down to low.
- Stir the cooked pasta into the sauce and add the other 2 tbsp. butter along with half of the pasta cooking liquid. Stir constantly, adding the pasta liquid as needed, until a thick and glossy sauce is coating the noodles. Stir in most of the cheese, reserving a little for garnish.
- Remove the cooked chicken from the grill and allow it to rest for at least 5 minutes.
- Serve the pasta with the chicken, remaining cheese, and topped with a little chopped basil.